Accounting Supervisor ‘Accounts Payable’
PHP 50,000 - PHP 80,000
Posted on 13-SEP-23
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will oversee an accounts payable team, direct the processing of invoices and payments, and manage expense accounts and budget reports.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Oversees reports regarding cash flow; ensures correct payments are made in a timely manner.
- Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account and inventory records.
- Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Verifies payments before controllers signature is added by reviewing checks and vouchers.
- Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors ledger).
- Facilitates correct and timely preparation of budget reports and purchase journals.
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensures employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables clerk to prepare and submit 1099s.
- Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA is advantage but not mandatory or Business Administration, with one year of experience in an accounting office; OR three or four years of accounting experience with at least two years in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions.
- Excellent supervisory and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate staff.